Next week, in a webinar dedicated to CO2 shipping, Zero Emissions Platform will host experts in the field to discuss this critical matter.
As the world takes more steps towards decarbonization, transporting carbon dioxide via ships will become a more prominent component of climate strategies across the board.
Particularly in Europe, as carbon capture and storage (CCS) technology is gaining more traction and being deployed on a larger scale, CO2 shipping will provide heavy emitters to gain access to safe and permanent storage for their carbon emissions.
Industry has long been the backbone of Europe’s prosperity and an integral part of the region’s identity. Hence, CO2 transport by ship will be crucial in the fight against climate change.
The webinar organized by Zero Emissions Platform will discuss how CO2 shipping can be developed in the EU in the name of meeting climate goals, while also supporting industry in all countries in the bloc.
The webinar will take place on June 13, 15:00-16:00 CEST, registrations can be made online.
- Ian Philips, Project and Business Development, Storegga
- Alistair Tucker, General Manager CCUS, Shell
- Daniel Kitscha, Policy Officer, DG CLIMA/European Commission
- Baris Dolek, Shipping Commercial Manager, Northern Lights
- Chris Clucas, General Manager, SIGTTO
- Maurits van de Linde, Hazardous Substances and Safety Policy Advisor, Dutch Association for Inland Shipping
Hosted by: Winston Beck, Vice-Chairman, Zero Emissions Platform