Carbon Unbound USA – the leading carbon dioxide removal (CDR) summit, announced some new updates to the agenda of its following summit in New York that is scheduled from the 21st evening till 23rd of May, 2024. The annual summit in the U.S. gathers more than 400 business leaders, investors, buyers and policymakers who meet in New York to discuss and impact the CDR space.
Carbon Unbound announced a new partnership with OpenAir Collective – a global volunteer network that aims to advance CDR technologies, who will hold the finals of its global student competition for the next generation of CDR solutions – the 2024 Carbon Removal Challenge.
The competition’s finals will take place on the evening of 21st of May which represents a chance for the participants to familiarize with the solutions as well as network ahead of the summit that follows during the next two days.
Some other discussions that have been announced are:
- Aviation and CDR: Avoiding the Flight of Icarus: Supporting air travel’s net zero ambitions with removals.
- Towards Net Zero Agriculture: Improving yield, revenue and resiliency.
- A Buyers’ World: What is Holding Them Back? The industry’s billion-dollar question: how can we attract more buyers?
- LATAM in the Spotlight: Considerations and opportunities in the region.
Other critical industry discussions that return will also be part of the program:
- The United States of CDR: Removals as a core component of climate strategy, a deep dive into the CDR kingmaker.
- Direct Air Capture: The Goose that Lays the Golden Egg? Real-world DAC experiences and community impact.
- MRV Frameworks: The GGR ‘Market Shaper’: Balancing certainty, cost, and scalability for complete integrity.
- Interactive campfire sessions.